Focus 2021 Abstract Submission Guidelines
Submission is now closed!
Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission Ends
Submission now closed
Notification of Review Outcome
6 March 2020
Accepted authors to confirm attendance
2 December 2020
FINAL Programme Online
The abstract submission process for Focus 2021 will be through an online submission portal
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact Focus2020@conferencepartners.com.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance into the programme you must register by 2 December 2020.
If you have an accepted abstract you are entitled to get the early bird registration rate up until the 2 December 2020. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email. If you have any queries please contact Focus2020@conferencepartners.com. After this date any registrations made by you will be at the prevailing congress registration fee at time of registration/payment.
All Abstracts are submitted to the Conference for Poster Presentation. During the abstract submission process, authors can indicate whether they would like to be considered for the ACB Medal Award, one of the Poster Prizes or a Clinical Case Oral Presentation.
At the notification stage, the presenting author will also be informed if they have been selected for the ACB Medal Award, Poster Prizes, or Clinical Case Oral Presentation. The decision of the programme committee is final.
ACB Medal Award:
During the submission process, presenters have the option to select if they would like to be considered for the ACB Medal Award. Selected shortlistees are normally given the opportunity to display a poster (which will feature in a prominent location at the venue) and perform a 15 minutes oral presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A (20 minutes in total) during the ACB Medal Award parallel session.
Audit Poster Prize / Clinical Cases Poster Prize:
During the submission process, presenters have the option to select if they would like to be considered for one of the poster prizes. Selected shortlistees are given the opportunity to display a poster (which will feature in a prominent location at the venue) and must be present at their poster during the allocated poster judging session to answer questions from the judges
Clinical Cases Oral Presentations:
During the submission process, presenters have the option to select if they would like to be considered for the Clinical Cases Oral Presentations session. Selected shortlistees are not given the opportunity to display a poster but are to speak during the Clinical Cases Oral Presentations parallel session.
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the conference themes.
- Bone Disease & Calcium Metabolism
- Gut, Nutrition, Trace Elements
- Paediatrics and IEM
- Renal Disease
- Methods, Instrumentation
- Point of Care Testing
- Quality Assurance
- Molecular Genetics
- Brain/CNS Biochemistry
- Historical Perspectives
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for Focus 2021. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the Focus 2021 abstract submission system and Conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit Abstracts page.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact Focus2020@conferencepartners.com.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 20)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract word limit is 300, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations
- Complete questions listed in Additional Information.
- Data Consent
- Publication of Abstract
- Consent from Co-authors
- ACB Medal Award
- Poster Prizes
- Clinical Cases Oral Presentation
- Submission Process Feedback
Abstracts must be submitted using below headings. Abstracts can be submitted in English only.
Include the following headings in the body of the text:
Publication of Abstracts
All accepted abstracts may appear in a Supplement to the Annals of Clinical Biochemistry, the conference app and/or website. This is a condition of acceptance. These abstracts may be subject to editing.
Review and Notification of Acceptance
All abstracts will go through a blind peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the Focus 2021 Scientific Programme Committee.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitter on 6 March 2020.
Registration of the Abstract Presenter
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by 2 December 2020.
If a presenter fails to register by 2 December 2020
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all Focus 2021 related publications
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
Written notice must be submitted by 9 November 2020 for all withdrawals and change of presenters, contact Focus2020@conferencepartners.com.
Terms and Conditions:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlines above.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster, powerpoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for Focus 2021.
- A submission may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
- Accepted authors must register by 2 December 2020 to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted authors are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference on 10 – 12 March 2021.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the Focus 2021 Scientific Programme Committee at Focus2020@conferencepartners.com
10 – 12 March 2021
Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission Ends
Early Registration Ends